How is Jen trained?
Jen Varela holds a bachelor’s degree in Human Services with an emphasis in Counseling, which serves her well in helping more than 3,750 sleep-deprived families to have sweet sleep.
With specialty training, Jen has the knowledge, education and all of the tools and resources she needs as a Certified Gentle Sleep Coach® to work successfully with families of four-month old, five-month old and six-month old babies in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.
What is Gentle Sleep Coaching?
As a Certified Gentle Sleep Consultant, Jen Varela has received training on topics that include:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
Training Jen has received in this special designation includes such topics as:
- In-depth knowledge about the delicate nature of infants under six months of age and how to consider all elements of their wellbeing.
- Current evidence-based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the four-month old, five-month old and six-month old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby.
See what parents of younger babies are saying about how Jen’s training and philosophy have helped them have sweet sleep.